When you purchase one of our puppies, you will receive a certificate of health from my licensed vet upon the puppy going home with you. You will also receive their shot and worming records and their puppy registration papers, if registered. All our puppies come with limited registration for pet homes only. If you would like full breeding rights, that is an additional costs and to approved homes only. We also include a sample bag of Nutri Source small/medium breed puppy food and 3 days supply of NuVet Supplements.
We also now microchip each puppy before leaving here and will register the microchip thru Pet Key Services for a lifetime in your name for FREE!
Our puppies are not allowed to leave us until they are at least 8 weeks of age. This is a USDA/State of Missouri requirement. Please DO NOT ask for us to “bend the rules”.
A non-refundable security deposit of $250 will hold a puppy for you until time for shipping. Please remember that the deposits are NON-refundable but are transferable towards the purchase of another puppy in the future.
Our preferred payment method is thru Paypal services, (a 3.5% processing fee will apply), however we will also accept, Cash App and if you wish to send in the mail, money orders from the Postal service. If mailing final payment, it must be received at least 5 days prior to flight departure. If paying final payment thru Paypal, I will send you a final payment invoice to your email once you have received your puppy’s flight information. Payment will need to be made 2 days prior to flight departure. When paying with Paypal, we will ask for a copy of your I.D so we can verify you are the one paying for the puppy and the one picking up the puppy.
You are always welcome to come here to our Facility to pickup your puppy when it is time.
If picking up your puppy from us directly, please bring cash to pay final payment. We do not accept checks OR Credit cards! Also, if you live in the state of Missouri, you will have to pay the state sales tax of 6.1% for Wright County.
If you require shipping, it is $400.00 depending on puppy and that is to the lower 48 states, unless otherwise stated. That price includes the airfare and new travel crate for the puppy. We also own and operate “Airbound Pets, Inc. ” and our office will make the flight arrangements for the puppy’s travel to their new homes and take it to the airport. We do this for other breeders besides ourselves and have a good reputation for getting the puppies to their new homes safely and in a timely manner. You can visit our other website at: AirboundPets.com. We are currently using American Airlines only. Also if purchasing 2 puppies, they can be shipped together in one crate and therefore only have the one shipping charge, as long as they are of the same size, under 20 lbs. each and under 6 months of age.
We occasionally can not get your puppy to you without using ground services. We currently use Williams Pet Carrier. They are USDA licensed and insured. They currently charge $400 for delivery to your door.
Please note that we do try our hardest to get your puppies to you the fastest and safest way possible. We will try to work with you in getting your puppy to you in a safe and timely matter, and we would appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
Our Puppy Health Guarantee
Thank you for purchasing your new puppy from Down Home Country Kennel, LLC. Our relationship with you continues well beyond the day your puppy comes home.We have made every effort to assure that you receive a quality puppy. Being puppy lovers ourselves, we wish nothing would ever go wrong with any puppy, however, as with all living creatures, certain health risks potentially exist in any given puppy which is beyond our ability to diagnose, predict or control. We adhere to all Professional selective breeding and animal husbandry guidelines and all of our puppies have unlimited access to Veterinary Care. While we can’t guarantee that your puppy will never have a health problem, we can promise we will do our best to ensure your new family member is healthy from the moment he or she arrives home!
Therefore, in the spirit of animal welfare, we do offer the following guarantee:
Year 1: If within one year from the date of birth, your dog is found and certified by two duly licensed doctors of veterinary medicine, of your choosing, to have a life threatening congenital or hereditary condition and dies, and if we are notified within five business days of the first veterinarian’s determination, we will provide a replacement puppy of equivalent value (excluding shipping costs) when one becomes available. Veterinary diagnosis must be submitted to us on your veterinarian’s letterhead. No reimbursement will take place if puppy is euthanized.
New Puppy Vet Exam: Your puppy was given a vet exam before leaving here. As an additional check and to activate your puppy’s Health Guarantee, you must have your puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within three (3) business days of the arrival of your puppy. This insures that you get a healthy puppy with no issues. If an issue is found at the first vet visit, you must notify us immediately! Depending on the findings, we will discuss what the best alternative for the situation. We do not cover any of the exclusions below as they are common health issues that can arise in puppies. A copy of the medical record from this examination must be emailed to dhckennels @ outlook.com within four (4) days of the arrival of your puppy on your veterinarian’s letterhead.
HYPOGLYCEMIA COCCIDIOSIS GIARDIA CHERRY EYES HERNIAS EYE ENTROPIES DEMODECTIC MANGE UNDESCENDED TESTICLES ALLERGIES HEART WORMS EAR MITES
1. No Vaccines for first 7 Days: Your puppy will arrive up to date on vaccinations. To avoid over-vaccination, you should not vaccinate the puppy right after his arrival. Let the puppy get settled into their new home first to avoid complications.
2. Appropriate exercise: All dogs need regular exercise and stimulation. You should speak to your veterinarian about the appropriate amount of exercise for your particular puppy at each stage of its life. In particular, you should be careful to avoid over-exercising your puppy during its growth period.
3.Healthy Diet: Your puppy will arrive with the puppy food it is currently eating. More info can be found here on our website on how to find that food in your area. If you plan to transition to a new food, you should do so gradually to allow your puppy a chance to acclimate to the new food. You should follow a recommended nutritional program, including feeding only premium dog foods and veterinarian approved supplements. Never feed table scraps to your puppy! Also we suggest you use the Nuvet supplements also found on our page, that will further insure your new pets health.
4. No breeding: There is no warranty expressed or implied that you will be able to use this pet for show or breeding purposes. We provide pets solely as a companion animal and therefore sell most all of our puppies with Limited registration. After you retain ownership, it is your option to do otherwise. However, if your dog is bred, our Health Guarantee shall terminate and become null and void. Your puppy should be spayed or neutered at an age deemed appropriate by your veterinarian.
5. Vet Care: We do not cover any expenses caused by injury, accidents, neglect, mistreatment or allergies. Further, this agreement does not reimburse you for veterinary office calls or vaccinations. As a responsible pet owner, it is up to you to make sure that your pet gets the proper vet care needed through out its life.
6. Size and Color: We do not guarantee the size or color that the puppy will be when full grown. We can only predict the size according to the parents size. Coloring can change as the puppy grows. You were shown a picture of the puppy at the time of purchase(or saw it in person) and we can not guarantee that the color will or will not change.
Acknowledgment of Puppy Agreement